Just the thought of buying a used car from Japan may seem complicated, but in reality, it is actually much easier than it seems thanks to the assistance of the car exporters available.
The complete process from purchasing the car up to it’s arrival
As mentioned, purchasing a used car from Japan isn’t as complicated as it seems.
Here is the complete process.
1. Check car price in local
2. Check duty and tax for the car you want
3. Check all cost you have to pay before registration
4. Check C&F budget
5. Send Inquiry
6. Negotiate Price
7. Price Agreement
8. Receive Invoice
9. Make payment
10. Payment Confirmation Notification
11. Shipping Instruction Notification
12. B/L Information Detail Notification
13. Vehicle Shipping Notification
14. Arrival Information Notification
15. Receive Item
What is C&F and CIF ?
The buying offer of the vehicle is based on either the C&F (Cost & Freight) or CIF (Cost, Insurance, and Freight) on the used car exporter’s end, plus the related taxes and custom fees which you will be shouldering.
The shipping duration
Depending on which country the car will be shipped to, the shipping duration can take from 4 weeks up to 2 months from the time the car is placed in the vessel. Make sure to ask the car exporter for the estimated date or departure of your vehicle.