JDM cars are popular across the globe for their undisputed reliability, performance, and stunning looks. However, we all know that vehicles like the Nissan Skyline and the Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86 can get astoundingly expensive. Thankfully, if you’re on a tight budget, you still have the chance to own one of these JDM vehicles at a fraction of their actual cost. You can take advantage of Carused.jp’s online Japanese car auction tool. By doing so, you will be able to access over 140,000 vehicles from different car auctions around Japan.
Believe us when we say that buying JDM cars like the Nissan Skyline and the Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86 has never been easier. In this post, we will share the simple instructions on how you can get your hands on your very own Japanese sports car.
First Step: Search for your Car
As we’ve mentioned, there are over 140,000 vehicles to choose from when you access the auctions featured on our site. So, whether you want a Nissan Skyline, a Toyota HiAce van, or a Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86, you will have plenty of options to choose from.
Simply create an account at Carused.jp, then start searching for your preferred car. Here are the steps:
- On the top menu, you will see Auto Auction as one of the options. Hover your mouse pointer over it.
- Now, click Auction Tool from the drop-down list.
- Choose the appropriate filters (maker, model, year range, and mileage range, among other information) to find your preferred vehicle.
- Keep in mind that all the auction days are selected by default. So, if you are planning to bid on specific days, do not forget to choose them accordingly.
- Click on the Search the Auction button.
- The results will show all the vehicles that meet your criteria.
- After locating the car that you prefer, click Details. Doing so will allow you to access the auction sheet, as well as the photos of the exterior and interior of the vehicle. If you want the auction sheet translated, simply click Need Professional Support.
Now, it is essential that you know the estimated price of the vehicle you wish to bid on. To automatically calculate the amount, you need to enter your Country, Port, and Options like inspection or insurance. Once you’ve submitted the details, you can click the Calculate button. It is worth noting that the total price you will see includes the estimated sum of the vehicle, freight cost, inspection/insurance, and service fee. Now that you know the estimated price of the car you want to bid on, it is time to move on to the next step.
Second Step: Make a Deposit
Before you proceed, you should know that we require our clients to make a deposit. It is worth noting that we use our own money to bid and pay for the vehicle they want. Needless to say, we save you from the hassle of bidding on the cars yourself. While the deposit secures your bids, we also use it to eliminate last-minute bid cancellations and fake or spam requests.
You do not have to worry about this step because you will not lose even a cent of your money. Whether you win or lose the auction, your deposit amount will stay intact. Moreover, your money is 100% refundable. Here are some things to remember about your deposit:
- Once you become a registered user, you will have access to the online auction tool for free.
- Before you can bid, you must make a deposit first.
- The total estimated price of your preferred vehicle determines the amount you need to deposit.
- Your deposit will remain intact when we lose the auction.
- You can use the untouched deposit for the next auction.
- You are free to refund the entire deposit amount.
|USD $1,000||total vehicle(s) price up to $10,000|
|USD $2,000||total vehicle(s) price up to $20,000|
|USD $3,000||total vehicle(s) price up to $30,000|
|USD $4,000||total vehicle(s) price up to $30,000|
|USD $5,000||total vehicle(s) price up to $50,000|
Third Step: Place your Bid
Once you’ve secured your deposit and selected your preferred vehicle, it is time to click the Request to Bid button. Now, you need to submit your ‘maximum bid amount’ for that car. Keep in mind that we will only bid within your budget. So, you need to enter the maximum amount and not the minimum.
It is also worth noting that auction bidding is by proxy. So, even if you place your maximum bid amount, you will only pay over what the next highest bidder is willing to pay. Let’s say you are willing to bid a maximum of 400,000 yen on a vehicle and the next highest bid is 300,000 yen. You will win the car at 301,000 yen and not at 400,000 yen.
Fourth Step: Waiting for the Auction Results
Once you’ve secured your deposit and placed your bids, we will do all the work. We will keep you posted about the status of the auction bidding. In the event that you win, you will receive an invoice for the total price of the vehicle. Make sure you settle the amount within 2 days (48 hours). If you want, you can deduct the deposit from the total price or you can refund it.
Is It Really Easy to Buy JDM Cars?
It may seem like the process is so complicated, but really, it is very simple. Let’s say you want to bid on a Nissan Skyline and you want something within the 2009 to 2015 model years. Here’s what you have to do:
- Create an account on Carused.jp, then go to the online auction tool.
- Choose Nissan as the maker, and Skyline as the model.
- Click Advanced Search below the Search Auction button.
- Choose 2009 as the minimum year and 2015 as the maximum year. If you want to choose other details like the mileage, color, and auction days, select accordingly.
- Click the Search the Auction button.
- Now, select your preferred Nissan Skyline unit.
- Calculate the estimated total price by selecting your Country, Port, Inspection, and Insurance. Click Calculate to get the amount.
- Let’s say the estimated CIF price is $15,571. The next thing you need to do is deposit $2,000.
- Select the vehicle you wish to bid on, then click Request to Bid.
There you have it! Now, all you need to do is wait for the results. As we’ve mentioned, if you win, we will send you the invoice which you must settle within 48 hours.
If you have other questions about buying JDM cars like the Nissan Skyline, do not hesitate to contact Carused.jp today!