These days, more and more people are starting to realize how cost-effective it is to buy used Japanese cars instead of turning to local dealerships. When you opt to import JDM cars, you are opening a door towards a wider selection of vehicles, better prices, and more value. However, not all online auctions are as credible and reliable as Carused.jp. So, as a first-time car importer, you have to make sure that you will not lose your money into the hands of scammers.
This is also the reason why we regularly put together tips for importing cars from Japan. In this article, we will discuss how you can ensure that you wouldn’t get scammed and that you would get the best value for your money.
1) Conduct your Research
It is important to conduct your research. Whether you’re planning to buy a HiAce van, a sedan, or a trailer truck, you should always look for customer reviews on the Internet. If you discover that a supplier has received several negative reviews, this is a red flag that tells you to look for another company. Keep in mind that when it comes to online transactions, there is a fine line between the fake and legitimate ones. If you discover scant information about the exporter online, then it is time to move on to another supplier.
2) Make Sure that There are no Hidden Fees or Costs
You also have to consider the general structure of the site from which you plan to purchase your car from. For instance, you have to check if the indicated price is listed as FOB. If so, then you can rest easy knowing that there will be no arising costs. Make sure you consider features like the year, size, engine capacity, the make, and the model, among many other details.
3) Consult your Friends, Family, or Experts
It is also important to ask around as much as you can. If you have friends or colleagues who’ve imported vehicles from Japan before, it would be best to ask them about their experience. Widely seek the information you need. If possible, find venues online where you can ask industry experts. These days, you can personally ask them via online forums and sites like Quora. After all, even Barack Obama uses that platform.
4) Be Cautious about Overly Cheap Cars
If you find dirt-cheap cars online, do not consider buying them. As we all know, cheap products usually have cheap quality. You have to ensure that the price offered online is close the market standard. That said, if you’re planning to invest serious cash for vehicles you can only see online, it is best to buy used Japanese cars from a reliable supplier like Carused.jp.
Some Interesting Facts about JDM Cars
- If you own a vehicle in Japan, the longer it stays with you, the higher the taxes you have to pay. There are things you have to pay like ‘vehicle inspection’ and ‘shaken’ fees.
- When you repair a broken-down vehicle in Japan, it can be very expensive. In some cases, it might even be more cost-effective to replace the car than fixing what you own.
- Importing vehicles from Japan is highly recommended because these cars are typically in good condition. Most cars in Japan experience minimum wear, thanks to the excellent roads in the region.
- Most of the time, vehicles imported from Japan are officially verified to be in good condition by certified professionals. Before the Japanese Vehicles Inspection Center can clear vehicles for shipment, they have to ensure that the cars are inspected and certified fit for export and use.
So, are you ready to import JDM cars? Contact Carused.jp today and our team will help make the process easier for you!