For many car owners, one of the most problematic situations is driving amidst the bright lights and heat of the sun. It is worth noting that the vibrant sunlight has been associated with a significant number of accidents happening in the early morning or late afternoon. Aside from that, the radiant heat can also damage the vehicle inside and out.
If you want to avoid a costly car repair or a fatal accident, you might want to take some important preventive measures. In this article, we will show you some tips you can follow to keep yourself and your vehicle protected while you’re driving amidst the heat.
Visibility Tips that Ensure a Safe Drive
One of the most important maintenance steps you have to religiously follow is keeping your windscreen clean. When your windscreens are dirty, it can significantly worsen glare. It is worth noting that debris and dirt scatter light, lowering your visibility. Before you drive your car, give your windscreen a good wipe. You should also check both sides of the glass to ensure that they are free of grease and dirt.
It would be ideal to invest in a good pair of sunglasses. When you’re driving towards the rising or setting sun, your sunglasses can protect your vision from the bright sunrays and harmful UV rays. Make sure that you keep your sunglasses in your vehicle at all times. This ensures that you are always prepared for any kind of driving situation.
Finally, remember to block the sunlight by putting the visors down. They are not just fitted in your car to keep your receipts or license. It is worth noting that all sun visors are designed to stay out of the driver’s visibility. There are also some cars that come with visors that can block the sunlight coming from the left or right side windows.
Tips for Protecting your Car’s Interior amidst the Heat
- 1. Do not park your car under the sunlight. Make sure that it sits in the shade, keeping it protected against cracking and drying.
2. Apply windshield sun protector to keep your car cool and to guard it against sun damage.
3. Regularly clean the dashboard using a microfiber cloth. Dirt and dust can collect and cause scratches which can become worse over time.
4. Use seat covers to protect the fabric or leather. The covers can also keep the seats cool.
5. Treat leather seats using an appropriate conditioner. This will protect the material from cracking and tearing amidst the heat.
Tips for Protecting your Car’s Exterior amidst the Heat
- 1. Keep in mind that the heat and the sun can crack and fade the paint. So frequently wash and dry your car. Removing the dust particles can help you avoid tiny scratches that make the vehicle’s finish dull.
2. Regularly wax your car to protect the finish from the UV rays.
3. Driving with under-inflated tires on hot pavement can cause damages that might lead you to an expensive auto repair service. As such, we recommend that you regularly check your car’s tire pressure.
There are many ways you can protect yourself and your car even when you’re driving amidst the scorching heat and bright sunlight. Whether it’s installing an extra cooling fan or always wearing sunglasses when driving, these preventive measures can really go a long way.
Can you share more tips aside from what we mentioned?
Let us know in the comments below!